top of page
MurphyHouse Logo (2).png

Accommodation Options

Hotel Bedroom Entrance

What is STA?

Under the NDIS, Short-Term Accommodation replaces what used to be called respite for people with a disability.

STA is a support where someone with a disability has a short stay away from their home. This gives you the chance to try new things, make friends and learn skills. It also gives your family or carers a short break from their caring role.

SASS provides STA at our Murphy House facility in Bendigo.

What is MTA?

Medium-Term Accommodation is designed to assist participant's with a disability as a transitional arrangement whilst they await more permanent housing options. 

MTA is funded under NDIS funding and covers accommodation only. Participants with support needs can negotiate this on an as needs basis.

SASS provides MTA at both our Murphy House facility in Bendigo.

What is SRS?

Supported Residential Services (SRS) are privately operated businesses that provide accommodation and support for Victorians who need help with everyday activities. For example, people with disability who do not qualify for supported disability accommodation (STA/MTA or Supported Independent Living), people with mental illness, or who are frail or aged.

SRS do not receive government funding. Residents essentially fund the SRS via the recurrent fees payable, which cover accommodation, meals and the level of care provided.

SASS provides SRS at our Murphy House facility in Bendigo.

bottom of page